Hulk Italian RyegrassContact us
Hulk is a high yielding diploid Italian ryegrass developed for Australian conditions, with excellent establishment, winter and spring yields and good late season quality.
• Italian diploid ryegrass
• Developed in Australia
• Fast establishment with good winter - early spring yield
• Upright variety that continues to produce high quality, leafy feed through spring
• Upright growth habit increases harvestability when making silage or hay
• Provides significant spring feed for increasing fodder reserves
• Late maturity improves quality over annual ryegrass varieties
• Strong winter growth aids in reducing supplementary feed requirements
Agronomy and management
Hulk should be sown into a clean, weed-free seed-bed at approximately 5–20 mm with adequate starter fertiliser (eg. 60–100 kg/ha of MAP/DAP). Ensure first grazing is delayed until plants are properly anchored, and keep an eye on weeds and pests and treat as advised by your agronomist. For best results, graze under rotational grazing (at the 2.5–3 leaf stage).
Hulk combines excellent winter yields with strong spring growth giving more even feed supply throughout the growing season. Hulk responds well to early autumn rains where mild summers allow persistence into the second year.
Hulk has also displayed excellent feed quality in trials and is late flowering giving excellent late season quality. Hulk has an upright growth habit meaning it will continue to stand up as yield builds during spring, making fodder conservation easier.