Weka White CloverContact us
Weka is a medium leaved high yielding white clover suited to all grazing systems. It has a high stolon density, a strong spreading habit, and excellent tolerance to clover root weevil (CRW). Sow in pasture mixes at 2–5kg/ha.
• Medium leaved white clover suited to all grazing systems
• Good growth in all seasons, particularly through autumn & winter
• High stolon growing point density
• High tolerance to clover root weevil
• High levels of dry-matter production for high quality livestock forage
• Enables nitrogen fixation to drive grass-growth
• Strong spreading habit with high stolon density for good persistence
Disease / pest resistance
Weka has excellent persistence because of its high tolerance to clover root weevil, dry conditions, pugging and hard grazing, and its strong spreading habit. Yield scores under high levels of clover root weevil attack show Weka is a very good choice for these conditions.
In trials Weka has shown very high total yield, with good growth in all seasons, particularly through autumn and winter.